Thursday, 22 August 2013

GET YOUR BOOTI MOVING

Women of Long Eaton are set to be challenged this September when Booticamp Babes, a female only boot camp, launches a new month long challenge.

The challenge, which is aimed at helping women get healthy and in shape, will take place three times a week at Wilsthorpe Community College and aims to inspire women to change their views on exercise and diet.

Sarah Whitehead, founder of Booticamp Babes which has four camps across Nottinghamshire and Derbyshire, had this to say: 

“Booticamp Babes is a female only boot camp where the emphasis is on having fun whilst getting in shape.  For lots of women they spend a great deal of time on a diet, complain that they find the gym boring  or feel intimidated and self conscious when using gyms .  At Booticamp we want to change those perceptions and make exercise and food fun, which is why we hold regular challenges to kickstart the process."

Ilkeston based Tracie Dean took part in the May challenge and was amazed by the results which saw her win a photographic shoot to show off her new shape.

Tracie said: “I decided I wanted to do the May challenge after seeing the photos of the ladies in the underwear shoot and thinking that I too wanted to be proud and not afraid of how my body looked. My first thought when given the challenge was "I'm not going to be able to stick to that, it’s too complicated" how wrong I was, it was far easier than I could have imagined. My amazement in the pounds and inches I lost in the first week really astounded me and I remember texting Sarah saying "Oh my god it really works".

I could see a complete change in my body shape and instead of feeling embarrassed about my body really began to be proud so much so that I did the "Swimwear Shoot" and trust me at 46 years old I never expected to be stood with other beautiful ladies proudly showing my new shape.

The support from Sarah was second to none any doubts or questions that I had she was always there to help. Booticamp ladies in each group have encouraged each other throughout and the moral support if any of us thought we weren't doing well was truly unbelievable and the friendships forged makes Booticamp Babes a group I'm proud to be part of.”


The challenge starts on Monday 9th September at 6:15pm although people can come along for free sample sessions on Wednesday 4th and Friday 6th September.  Anybody interested in taking part should contact Sarah on 07816 869626 or email info@booticampbabes.co.uk.