Friday, 27 March 2015

DOG RESCUED

Firemen were called to a fire on Welbeck Road, Long Eaton after a stereo was left on the cooker which was switched on. The heat from the ring melted the stereo which started to give off smoke. A 64 year old woman was taken to Royal Derby Hospital suffering from smoke inhalation. A neighbour was also advised to go to the hospital after entering the smoke-filled kitchen to help rescue a pet Alsatian. The dog was taken to the vet after being given oxygen at the scene. The incident occurred on Saturday March 21st shortly before 1pm. Firemen left at 3.45. The property suffered severe smoke damage.