Monday, 15 August 2016

MAGGIE HOLDS PENSIONERS ADVICE FAIR

Local MP Maggie Throup has recently held her first Pensioners Advice Fair in Long Eaton's ShopMobility Centre. The Fair, which was well attended by residents from across Erewash, showcased a number of organisation that provide help, support and advice to people in later life.
Speaking about the event Maggie said:
“It is clear from my constituency casework that local residents over the age of 55 often contact me looking for a similar type of support. I therefore thought that it would be a good idea to organise a community event, specifically targeted at older constituents, which brought together a range of local partner organisations under one roof. I would like to thank all of today’s exhibitors; Citizens Advice Bureau, Pension Wise, Age UK, Alzheimer's Society, Derbyshire Carers Association, 50 Plus forum and Derbyshire Police. In addition I would also like to thank those residents who attended the Fair, I hope they found it useful.”